Challenges in Consumer Goods & Retail
In our definition the Consumer Goods & Retail sector comprises all durable goods and consumables (food and non-food) that are sold in the traditional retail, online and / or out-of-home channel.
Key challenges in this sector that could limit profitable growth are:
- Increasing negotiation power of large retailers and buying groups
- Channel conflicts between retail, out-of-home and online
- Increasing comparability of prices on the Internet
- Suboptimal product portfolio with regard to innovativeness, margin distribution, etc.
- Revenue instead of margin driven sales organization
UTR Consulting offers five specific consulting services that are focused on coping with the aforementioned challenges:
- Channel Management (What is our growth strategy per channel?, Which channels do we want to serve with which products?, etc.)
- Pricing Excellence (How do we get to a differentiated pricing strategy for our products?, What is the optimal price per product?, etc.)
- Portfolio Management (How do we increase the innovativeness of our product portfolio?, What product mix gives us the highest profit?, etc.)
- Sales Excellence (How do we make sure that customers get the attention they deserve?, How do we make sure that our trade terms stimulate growth?, etc.)
- Big Data (How do we translate the large amount of available data into management information quickly?, What KPIs do we want to steer on?, etc.)